Pages

Monday, November 15, 2010

Winter Storm

I'll come to you,
before the cool evening breeze
brushes your body
and you miss my arm
around your shoulder

I'll sit with you
for hours, holding your hand,
watching your eyes
as they empty
your dreams into mine.

I'll hide you
from the jealous moon,
waning away
as its light is cold
and your glow, amber.

And when you feel tired
and sleepy
I'll read you my poem;
about us being together
and getting older.

And I'll stay awake to
hold you, lest the winter storm
frighten you
and turn your heart cold;
as it turned mine,
a long time ago.

11 comments:

Green said...

Great going Vipsaa..
Getting better with time, we are, I think.

But if the heart has turned cold, why the willingness to do much for someone?

Maybe there is some more pain to come yet.

ashoke bhattacherjee said...

^to the power this is!

Priyanka Khot said...

Beautiful.

Ashu Mittal said...

"watching your eyes
as they empty
your dreams into mine."

> LOVED it. Beautiful piece of writing.

Two Cup Tea said...

@ Green - I think the Cold Heart still has the virtue of forgiveness

Two Cup Tea said...

@Ashoke @Ashu- Thanks a lot dear friends

@ Priyanka- Thank You, nice to see u on the blog

meetu said...

loved the cold heart bit. because it makes this person even more special. she/he is having this effect on a cold heart :D loved it. keep writing

Two Cup Tea said...

@meetu Thank You!

chetna said...

Like!

Anonymous said...

Sheer beauty .

Unknown said...

Beautiful.